Friday, August 31, 2012

Weekly Update

Parents,
I am so so sorry that I have gotten so far behind on my blog posts and email updates! It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me so I am going to give you a brief look at last week and this week.
Last week, we worked on timed tests, order of operations and reviewed topics from 7th grade. We also took a Digits pre-assessment in class. This gave me a look at where they are at and what they remember from last year.
This week we started our first Digits lessons! I assigned homework 1-1 in their workbooks. Overall, I was very impressed with how well the students did with their first assignment! They have jumped back into school-mode very well. If they feel like they could use some extra practice, they can always get online and do a similar assignment on Digits. Friday we began lesson 1-2. They should not have any homework over the weekend other than to memorize the first 11 perfect squares.
Have a safe and relaxing Labor Day!
Mrs. Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment